Verdicts & Settlements
The following verdicts exemplify our success against major insurance companies:
- Over $6.5 million verdict against Country Life and CC Services, Inc., for terminating insured’s disability benefits for disabling depression and anxiety. McClure v. Country Life.
- Over $55 million verdict against Metlife Auto and Home, for refusing to replace an insured’s vehicle as part of a corporate plan to significantly increase company profits. Nardelli v. MetLife Auto & Home
- Over $87 million verdict against UnumProvident for systematically denying disability benefits with the aim of increasing profits. Ceimo v. Paul Revere
- $20 million verdict against UnumProvident for unjustly closing an existing disability claim, then attempting to cover up the decision. Leavey v. UnumProvident
- Over $17 million verdict against Paul Revere and General American Insurance Company for terminating the disability benefits of a policyholder suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. McKendry v. General American
- $1.5M awarded against Zurich Insurance Co. for bad faith handling of plaintiff’s workers’ compensation claim, where evidence showed Zurich denied the claim and terminated benefits pursuant to a company policy designed to appease plaintiff’s employer, Sundt Construction Co.
- $16 million awarded to married policyholders who had their medical insurance canceled after the husband was diagnosed with cancer. Monacelli v. Gems Ins. Co.
- Over $4 million verdict awarded to a family whose insurer denied a homeowner’s claim for water and mold damage, leaving them in an unhealthy environment for several months. Hatley v. Century-National Ins. Co.
- Over $2.5 million bad faith verdict against State Farm for accusing its own client of arson and denying payment. Granito v. State Farm
- $2.5 million verdict against Safeco for wrongfully denying benefits by accusing its policyholders of arson after a restaurant fire. Capriola v. Safeco
- $2.5 million awarded to a policyholder whose insurance company failed to provide promised financial protection from a lawsuit. Taylor v. State Farm
- Over $2 million verdict against State Farm for wrongly filing suit against an injured claimant. Bradshaw v. State Farm
- Over $1 million verdict against Geico Insurance Company for withholding uninsured benefits of $15,000, unless policyholder released all claims. Bass v. Geico Ins. Co.
- $1 million for gross mistreatment of a policyholder during pendency of her claim. Young v. A.I.D.S. Ins. Co.
- $1 million verdict against State Farm for attempting to underpay its policyholder’s uninsured motorist claim as part of a corporate plan and practice. Zilisch v. State Farm
- $325,000 verdict awarded to an injured worker whose medical condition worsened after his Workers’ Compensation claim was unfairly denied. Cano v. Zurich
The jury verdicts above do not always reflect the amount ultimately recovered. Additional large recoveries have been made through out-of-court settlements, but cannot be disclosed due to confidentiality agreements.
Besides the insurance companies named above, we have also successfully litigated against:
- Blue Cross
- Mass Casualty
- Mass Mutual
- Metlife Auto and Home
- Minnesota Mutual
- New York Life
Personal Injury Verdicts
- Over $4 million verdict awarded to a married couple after the husband suffered a chemical inhalation injury as a result of the State of Arizona’s negligent maintenance of batteries.