San Diego insurance bad faith attorney Sander R. Dawson joined Dawson & Rosenthal, P.C. in 2014 after passing the California Bar Exam (2013), and shortly before passing the Arizona Bar Exam (2014).
Sander attended college at Arizona State University. In 2013, he graduated cum laude from California Western School of Law in San Diego, California. During his first year of law school, Sander was awarded three Academic Achievement Awards after earning the top grade in three different classes, a Distinguished Advocate Award for taking first place in a four-round oral advocacy competition, an Academic Merit Scholarship for his academic performance, and a Faculty Award for his contributions to the law school. He worked as an Associate Writer and Editor on the school’s Law Review and International Law Journal, served on the Community Outreach Committee tutoring at-risk youths, and was named to the Pro Bono Legal Honors Society in recognition of his pro bono work in San Diego.
Sander developed a passion for trial work during law school. He studied trial strategy while interning with Rick Friedman of Friedman|Rubin, and honed his skills in court as an intern at the San Diego Public Defender’s Office. Since law school, Sander has successfully handled multiple jury trials.
California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. cum laude – 2013
- Law Journal: California Western Law Review and International Law Journal, Associate Writer & Editor, 2011 – 2013
Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts – 2009
- Major: Political Science
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Arizona Association for Justice / Arizona Trial Lawyers Association
- Pro Bono Legal Honors Society