- Over $4 million verdict awarded to a married couple after the husband suffered a chemical inhalation injury as a result of the State of Arizona's negligent maintenance of batteries.
The following verdicts exemplify our success against major insurance companies:
- Over $55 million verdict against Metlife Auto and Home, for refusing to replace an insured's vehicle as part of a corporate plan to significantly increase company profits; Nardelli v. MetLife Auto & Home
- Over $1 million verdict against Geico Insurance Company for withholding uninsured benefits of $15,000, unless policyholder released all claims; Bass v. Geico Ins. Co.
- Over $87 million verdict against UnumProvident for systematically denying disability benefits with the aim of increasing profits; Ceimo v. Paul Revere
- $20 million verdict against UnumProvident for unjustly closing an existing disability claim, then attempting to cover up the decision; Leavey v. UnumProvident
- Over $17 million verdict against Paul Revere and General American Insurance Company for terminating the disability benefits of a policyholder suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome; McKendry v. General American
- $16 million awarded to married policyholders who had their medical insurance cancelled after the husband was diagnosed with cancer; Monacelli v. Gems Ins. Co.
- Over $4 million verdict awarded to a family whose insurer denied a homeowner's claim for water and mold damage, leaving them in an unhealthy environment for several months; Hatley v. Century-National Ins. Co.
- Over $2.5 million bad faith verdict against State Farm for accusing its own client of arson and denying payment; Granito v. State Farm
- $2.5 million verdict against Safeco for wrongfully denying benefits by accusing its policyholders of arson after a restaurant fire; Capriola v. Safeco
- $2.5 million awarded to a policyholder whose insurance company failed to provide promised financial protection from a lawsuit; Taylor v. State Farm
- Over $2 million verdict against State Farm for wrongly filing suit against an injured claimant; Bradshaw v. State Farm
- $1 million for gross mistreatment of a policyholder during pendency of her claim; Young v. A.I.D.S. Ins. Co.
- $1 million verdict against State Farm for attempting to underpay its policyholder's uninsured motorist claim as part of a corporate plan and practice; Zilisch v. State Farm
- $325,000 verdict awarded to an injured worker whose medical condition worsened after his Workers' Compensation claim was unfairly denied; Cano v. Zurich
The jury verdicts above do not always reflect the amount ultimately recovered. Additional large recoveries have been made through out-of-court settlements, but cannot be discussed due to confidentiality agreements.
Besides the insurance companies named above, we have also successfully litigated against:
- Blue Cross
- Mass Casualty
- Mass Mutual
- Metlife Auto and Home
- Minnesota Mutual
- New York Life